- Audience Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- Red Hat Linux Essentials (RH033), Red Hat Linux System Administration (RH131), or equivalent Exprience with Linux
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows operating systems is beneficial but not required
- Overview of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform
- Install and manage Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes
- Install, use, and maintain the web-based Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers Management console
- Create and manage virtual images and NFS or iSCSI Storage pools storing guest images and snapshots
- Deploy, manage, and support Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, including VDSM, log collector, and Upgrading the system
- Deep dive into advanced virtualization capabilities
- Open lab environment
With hands-on labs and a deep dive into the technology, this training course is the perfect first step for any enterprise planning or executing a virtualization deployment strategy.
- 40 hours intensive training on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Hands-on labs and exercises.
- One workstation per student.
- Student materials, pre-assessment questionnaire, study aids, handouts.
NOTE: The facility should have Internet access available for student use, one NIC should be plugged into a port accessible to the rest of the training center and the Internet; the other should be networked with all other classroom Machines but isolated from the rest of the facility network. Internet access can therefore be controlled by the instructor. We will be running our own DHCP server on the instructor machine for the classroom network, which will not be visible to the rest of the facility network. Hence ISOLATED Network is a MUST.